One of the best things I purchased in 2009 was a CNC Mill. I watched the forums, mainly www.cnczone.com, for several months.
I was lucky enough to pickup one of the well made Widgetmaster Mills.
Before I had the mill I spent hours drilling PC Boards by hand and etching them in caustic chemicals.
- Chassis: Widgetmaster Mini Router
- Spindle: Wolfgang Engineering TB-350 Spindle
- Stepper Motors: 280 Oz 8-wire Stepper Motors
- Drivers: ProboStep Stepper Motor Drivers
- Controller: PBX-RF RF Isolated CNC Breakout Board
- Power Supply: 24Volt 6.5Amp Switching Power Supply
- Computer: Dell
- Software: Mach3 CNC R3.042.029
- Vacuum Table: VT2012Gal
- Table Area: Width: 6.035" (153.2890 mm), Length: 12.000" (304.8000 mm)
- Mill Area: X-Axis 8.108" (205.9432 mm) Y-Axis 4.538" (115.2652 mm) Z-Axis 1.906" (048.4124 mm
- Step Size configured:
- Spindle Collet: 1/8" (.125") Tri-Split Collet
- Spindle End Play: <.0003"
- Spindle Speed: 24,000 R.P.M.
- Spindle T.I.R. .0001" (.0004" max)
- Table Slots: five 1/4" T-slots
- Dial Indicator:
- Drill Rack
- Vacuum Table: